Internship and Stage
Internships and Stage are work experiences for those looking to explore or gain the relevant knowledge and skills required to enter into a particular career field.
- Students within 12 months of completing the cycle of university studies
- Students attending post-graduate courses or those within 12 months of completing their post-graduate course
- Master students or those within 12 months of completing their master course
- PhD students or those within 12 months of completing their PhD
- Students that completed their courses (graduate, post graduate, Phd, etc.) more than 12 months before the application. Unemployed workers and workers in labor mobility.
Factors that will be taken into consideration:
- Previous experiences in the field
- Correctness of speech
- Fluency in at least one foreign language (English, French or Spanish)
Internship and Stage at Explora aim to provide knowledge and general vision of the coordination aspects leading a Social Cooperative, whose public is mainly composed by children, families and school groups. Interns and trainees work as facilitators in the pavilion supervised by our staff in order to take part in projects and in the educational offer of the Museum.
Main tasks of interns and trainees:
- Welcome and assist visitors
- Switch on and check exhibits, produce material for workshops, monitor and take care of the exhibits in the pavilion
- Introduce the Museum and provide information on: premises, rules and regulation, activity bookings, time ticketing, exhibits and areas
- Supervise areas, support visitors in their interaction with exhibits and in the correct use and understanding of displays and totems
- Direct workshops for families
- Direct Birthday parties and camps
- Interview visitors and provide information with regards to questionnaires (according to the EN ISO 9001:2008) for customer’s satisfaction
Terms and conditions
Explora provides unpaid Internships and Stage. Trainees and Interns are not employees, for this reason the Museum is not obliged to remunerate them. Universities and Institutions that support internships are obliged to cover accident insurance expenses.
Internships and stage at Explora last 3 months. 22,5 hours per week for a total amount of 270 hours. Interns can choose the start dates among those indicated on the application form. Work schedule for the first week will be provided 1 week before the start. Staff and interns will organize together a working plan considering a total amount of 22,5 hours per week (Tuesday to Sunday) and 270 hours per 3 months. During Summer, Christmas and Easter camps shifts will be from Monday to Sunday, 1 day off per week. 18 hours per month will be covered during weekends estabilished by the museum.
End of Stage/Internship
At the end of the stage/internship the Cooperative will issue a certificate stating relevant knowledge and skills acquired during the internship.
How to apply
Applications for Internships and Stage must be received by the deadline. Signed cv and passport photo must be attached to the application form.
Send the form via fax at +39.6.36086803 or via post to Explora il Museo dei Bambini di Roma – Attn. Sara Borrelli, Via Flaminia 82 00196 Roma.
Download the application form and choose your session!