EMMA – Enhancing Motivation and competences through Mobilities Abroad is a training project in Europe actively involving the Explora staff, whose goal is to:
- enhance the Museum’s ability to work on a transnational level, by attending courses, training events and on-site observation periods in structures having high European added value;
- increase the number of human resources with a C1-C2 level of English;
- improve the Museum’s competitiveness in pre-school age groups;
- make accompanying adults more and more involved, by importing best practices from strategic places – prominent science museums and children’s museum;
- improve co-design practices with local schools, outreach programmes in suburban areas and training offer for teachers and museum’s operators;
- expand the formal and informal European network.
With mobilities identified, EMMA will have impacts and fallouts on the whole structure, as it will allow to:
- refresh the exhibits of the Museum’s pavilion;
- improve the area dedicated to training and learning;
- gain and enhance skills for staff working on teaching activities, digital tutorials, education, learning and teacher training, as well as all active partners of the cooperative engaged in its strategic growth;
- develop and enlarge relationships, exchanges and designs with similar structures.
EMMA involves a third of the permanent staff, active partners of the Museo dei Bambini SCS Onlus, engaged in the Museum’s strategic development.
Project duration: June 1st, 2019 – December 12th, 2020
EMMA is a project co-funded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union