GARDENStoGROW is a project co-financed by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union, aimed to provide ECEC teachers with an innovative teaching methodology, tools and materials for fostering inclusive attitudes and key competences acquisition from a very early stage of child development (0-6), through horticulture.
GARDENStoGROW is a project co-financed by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union. The project aims to encourage the adoption of innovative and inclusive pedagogical practices at pre-school level, based on urban and social horticulture, in 4 European countries (Italy, Spain, the UK, Bulgaria), for the development and acquisition of basic, civic and transversal competences.
GARDENStoGROW gardens will become permanent and living “learning places” for local schools, pupils, children and families, where they can meet and learn from each other.
The project will generate 4 Intellectual Outputs:
- IO1 GARDENStoGROW Inventory;
- IO2 GARDENStoGROW Methodology Guidelines;
- IO3 GARDENStoGROW Educational Materials & Training course;
- IO4 Learning, Affordable, Inclusive and Open Gardens for Innovative ECEC practices.
Moreover, GARDENStoGROW will organise 2 training activities, in Italy and in the UK, 4 multiplier events to disseminate the project results, 4 transnational meetings and 4 management and implementation activities.
Together with Explora, GARDENStoGROW includes 10 European partners – 4 universities and research centres, 1 children’s museum, 1 foundation and 4 schools:
- ALMA MATER STUDIORUM – University of Bologna, Department of Agricultural Sciences;
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA – University of Parma, Department of Humanities, Social Sciences and Cultural Industries;
- the research centre STEPS S.r.l., Bologna;
- the school ISTITUTO COMPRENSIVO CLAUDIO ABBADO, pre-primary school Ermenegildo Pistelli;
- MUZEIKO FOUNDATION, children’s museum of Sofia, Bulgaria;
- Cosmos Kids 1 LTD, a pre-primary school of Sofia, Bulgaria;
- SOUTH WEST COLLEGE, university of Northern Ireland, UK;
- Dungannon Primary School, Northern Ireland, UK;
- FUNDACIÓN TIERRA INTEGRAL of Bullas, Spain;
- pre-primary school ESCUELA DE EDUCACION INFANTIL N1 of Bullas, Spain.
Project duration: 01-09-2017-29-02-2020 (30 months)
GARDENStoGROW is a project co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union (2017-1-IT02-KA201-036449).
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.