Come and play on the European Day of Language and find out how rich European languages and cultures are and how pleasant learning a foreign language can be.
On September 24th, 2017, Explora will celebrate the European Day of Languages, which was established by the Council of Europe in 2001. Since then, it’s celebrated every year throughout Europe.
The event in its second edition at Explora is an opportunity to celebrate and promote cultural and linguistic diversity of our continent and to get people to know the more than 200 languages being spoken in Europe. The European Commission Representation in Italy looks at the future: this is why they invite children aged from 3 to 12 years, and their families, to go to the Museum on a free day to encourage people to learn languages, and give everybody an opportunity of growth and evolution.
From 10:00 am to 07:00 pm, a full day of celebration, with many free activities and others to be booked, for all age groups.
Activities in the Museum’s garden, pavilion and bookshop are conducted by Explora together with the European Commission Representation in Italy, the Institutes for Culture, the Embassies and the Associations of Croatia, Slovakia, Georgia, Lithuania, and Poland.
At the Museum, at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 03:00 pm and 05:00 pm:
- LIS, the italian sign language, admission-free workshop conducted by Explora and European Commission Representation in Italy, for children aged 3-11 years;
- Every country has its own animal sounds, admission-free workshop conducted by Explora and European Commission Representation in Italy, for children aged 3-5 years;
- Find the country, admission-free workshop conducted by Explora and European Commission Representation in Italy, for children aged 6-11 years;
- Wireless phone, manual creative workshop conducted by Croatia, for 6-11 age groups. Booking required;
- Teqa and Felt Technique, manual creative workshop by Georgia, for 8-11 age group. Booking required;
- Alphabet stamps, manual creative workshop by Lithuania, for 8-11 age groups. Booking required;
- A journey to the stars and planets, manual creative workshop by Poland, for 3-7 age groups. Booking required;
- Paper animals, manual creative workshop by Slovakia, for 8-11 age group. Booking required.
In the bookshop:
- Reading “Le Metamorfosi di Ovidio, il ratto di Europa”, by Explora and European Commission Representation in Italy, 6-11 years, 10.15 o’clock;
- Reading “More valuable than gold”, by Slovakia, 3-11 years, 11.15 o’clock;
- Reading “Train in the snow”, conducted by Croatia, 6-11 years, 12.15;
- Reading “The baby dinosaur” by Georgia, 6-11 years, 15.15;
- Reading “Lech, Czech and Rus legend” by Poland, 3-7 years, 16.15;
- Reading “Egle, the queen of serpents” by Lithuania, 6-11 years, 17.15.
In the outdoor area, from 10:00 am to 07:00 pm:
- “The cheating word”, admission-free workshop conducted by Explora, for children aged 3-11 year.
Officina in cucina, Cooking Lab, at 10:45 am and 03:45 pm:
- “Starlets”, workshop conducted by Explora, in the Officina in Cucina (Cooking Lab) space, for children aged 5-11 years.
To attend the Day, please sign up on the Explora Museum website as of September 11th, 2017.
To attend the reading and Officina in Cucina: call +39063613776 – booking required while seats last.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn and experiment with different languages and cultures in a fun and original way! See you at the Explora Museum!
Age: 3-11 years
When: September 24th, 2017, from 10:00 am to 07:00 pm.
How to attend: Online booking from the Explora website is required to be admitted to Explora free of charge. Booking will be available from September 11th.
Access to workshops is limited and booking is required at the museum within the first 30 minutes after visit starts.
On the occasion of the European Day of Languages, the “Europei si nasce, poliglotti si diventa” seminar will be held on September 26th at Spazio Europa in Rome. Click here for more information.