CREATIVE SPACE INSPIRED BY FABLABS, TINKERING AND MAKING
Made in Explora is a space for creating, experimenting and designing for schools, families and teachers, being part of the CREATIVE MAKERS: kids’ fablabs for letterpress & printing inspired by tinkering and making (CREAM) project.
Made in Explora is a maker space that offers educational activities also suitable for children aged 3-6 years. The space setting, by the Construction team, and the educational offer, developed by the Education and Training team of the Museum, are conceived to meet the specific needs of children from different age groups, combining safety with the recreational aspect.
GOALS AND PURPOSES
Made in Explora was created to give a new life to the traditional letterpress printing through the technological approach of tinkering and making, which allow children to learn, through intuition and play, STEAM (Science, Technology Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) subject matters.
The Made in Explora activities help the public become familiar with science, technology and arts using a hands-on approach: learning is focused on the experience through observation and experimentation of different materials.
Motivation, strategies, play and development of ideas form the basis for the educational offers together with the assimilation of more traditional concepts related to letterpress printing.
MADE IN EXPLORA FOR SCHOOLS
Made in Explora has been conceived as a space for educational activities with schools.
The workshops for classes were developed after tests carried out during the year when the Explora team set up tinkering and making activities applied to letterpress printing, supported by artist Maria Zaramella.
MADE IN EXPLORA FOR EVERYONE
Made in Explora is a space where anyone can design, share and give creativity free rein.
Some of the workshops offered to the public for events or camp activities are based on a manual-creative approach, some are based on experiences of digital innovation.
Many events are on schedule:
- February 20th Exclusive PREVIEW with workshops for journalists, bloggers and communications professionals;
- February 22nd OPENING with schools, press, institutions;
- February 23rd and 24th “CARNIVAL MADE IN EXPLORA“ WORKSHOP for children visiting the Museum in the four timed tours (at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 03:00 pm and 05:00 pm).
- March-April 2019 Workshop “STAMPA CHE IMPRESSIONE” for children visiting the Museum in the four timed tours (at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 03:00 pm and 05:00 pm)
- June-July- August 2019 Workshop “THE BOX OF THE SECRETS” for children visiting the Museum in the four timed tours (at 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 03:00 pm and 05:00 pm)