[one_half padding=”0 40px 0 0″] NANOPINION – Monitoring public opinion on Nanotechnology in Europe, 290575 FP7-NMP-2011-CSA is the European project coordinated by ECSITE, the European Network of Science Centers and Science Museums, which aims to raise awareness of Nanotechnology and Applied Research in this field.
Explora is part of NANOPINION as associated partner (Third parties), with 3 events to inform about the secrets of the nano-world and the of the infinitely small objects, by describing them and “showing” them through the hands-on approach . The aim is to approach this complex topic with adults and children. Nanotechnology has an increasing impact on our lives: NANOPINION aims to “inform” , but also to stimulate questions, concerns, interests and doubts among the participants, who are part of a European survey, together with the citizens of other involved countries (Belgium, Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Portugal, Turkey). What are nanotechnologies? They are technologies which allow you to design very tiny objects and can be applied to many fields: medicine, information, energy, cosmetics, textiles.
NANOPINION what’s your opinion? is the title of a travelling project in Roma, hosted by the Festival of Science at Auditorium Parco della Musica from 23rd to 26th January 2014, by the Porta di Roma mall from 31st January to 2nd February 2014, by Explora on 8th-9th February 2014..
The institutions which host NANOPINION (as Third parties ) are:
- BAUA – Bundesanstalt für Arbeitsschutz und Arbeitsmedizin (Dortmund, Germania)
- TECHNOPOLIS – The Flemish Science Centre (Mechelen, Belgio)
- MC2 – Coruna City Council (Coruna, Spagna) Museos Científicos Coruñeses (Casa de las Ciencias (House of Sciences), Domus (House of Man) e Aquarium Finisterrae (House of Fishes)
- TECHMANIA – Techmania Science Center o.p.s. (Pilsen, Repubblica Ceca)
- EXPLORA – Museo dei Bambini Società Cooperativa Sociale Onlus (Rome, Italia)
- PSIQUADRO – Psiquadro SCARL (Perugia, Italia)
- Centro Ciência Viva de Estremoz (Estremoz, Portogallo)
- TSCF – Türkiye Bilim Merkezleri Vakfi, Turkey Science Centers (Istanbul, Turchia)
Project duration: 01/05/2012- 01/10/2014