Welcome to the reopening the Museum page. Until October 31st, Explora opens to public for timed visits:
- from Tuesday to Thursday at 03:00 pm;
- on Friday at 03:00 pm and 05:00 pm;
- on Saturday and Sunday at 12.00 pm and 03:00 pm.
Admission to the Museum is limited for safety reasons to max 85 visitors. Plenty of new activities await you.
As you know, Explora is a special museum where all senses – touch, smell and hearing, as well as sight – are involved: experience on the field, mainly physical, where doing is stronger than saying and play is the prime mover of all.
However, not all play experiences are feasible according to the applicable safety regulations in place in this particular moment: some exhibits are not available, some have been adapted or changed even in their very exploration.
For your safety, we therefore think it would be wise to introduce to you these 3 sections about:
- What we have done to open in safety –the whole structure has been sanitised, an internal-use protocol has been drawn up for our staff to resume working on-site and remotely;
- What we do to ensure safe visits – guidelines and guidance, best practices put in place by many children’s museums all over the world, as well as our own protocols for visits and workshops, summer camps, school visits and activities;
- What we ask our visitors –rules and tips for visits.
FAQs are also available for your convenience. The FAQ section can be expanded and improved with your help: link
The entire structure has undergone sanitising measures and an internal-use protocol for the Explora staff as well as a protocol for the Museum visitors have been drawn up, in the respect of the guidelines set up by the Conferenza delle Regioni e delle Province autonome, BUR Regione Lazio no. 64 of May 16, 2020 and RapportoISSCOVID-19 no.20 of May 8th.
?Select the items you would like to know about
WHAT WE HAVE DONE
WHAT WE DO
As of June 6th, reservation is no longer available: tickets can be purchased online, they entitle you to go straight to the Museum without going through the ticket office.
Post-lockdown reopening challenged us to adopt paperless tickets, designing the ticket sale process around our visitors’ needs and safety: ticket sales will be quicker and easier to manage and will use an enhanced ticket purchase form.
Anyway, the ticket office will be always open to buy tickets during opening hours from 11:00 am to 07:00 pm, from Tuesday to Friday, based on availability. If you buy your ticket from the ticket office, you’ll receive an SMS containing a link to download your e-ticket (data provided, including your phone number, is only used to issue your ticket).
Booking is available to Friends Card subscribers only. For specific needs, if you are a teacher or have benefits under the 104/92 law, call number +39 (0)6 3613776 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org details on how to book a visit.
WHAT YOU CAN DO BEFORE VISITING EXPLORA