(Italiano) EXPLORA PER LA SCUOLA DELL’INFANZIA. Educare è curiosità, idee, creatività e condivisione
Make your own veggie garden in a box. Monday, November 4th, 2019, from 05:00 pm to 06:30 pm.
The GARDENStoGROW event to discover the potential of a school garden.
Admission is free, booking is required.
Monday, October 7th, from 04:30 pm to 07:00 pm. To investigate new approaches and methods and get to know the world of STEAM education, creative workshops, dance and inclusion best practices in the 21st-century school. Admission is free.
From Monday, December 10th, 2018, from 05:30 pm to 07:30 pm
How to promote the development of creative thinking and inspire digital creativity with picture books.
Monday, December 3rd, 2018 from 05:30 pm to 07:30 pm
Discovering the creative and educational potential of smartphones!
On preview at the Open Day 2018
Free-admission workshop, booking is required
What harmonies unite them?
Monday, January 14th, 21st, 28th and February 4th, 11th, 2019 from 04:00 pm to 08:00 pm
find out how music can promote the development of scientific thought.
On preview at the Open Day 2018
I READ AND INVENT – animated and interactive readings to rediscover classics for early childhood through play improvisation and technology is a project conceived and made by Explora and by the improvisational theatre company I Bugiardini for the Public Notice IO LEGGO – REGIONE LAZIO – Attività e iniziative di promozione e valorizzazione del libro e della lettura che si svolgono nel territorio.
The project offers a free cycle of 16 animated and interactive readings at the Explora bookshop aimed at:
- familiarising child non-readers aged 3 to 6 years and their parents with reading
- getting child readers aged 6 to 10 and their parents more involved and attracted to reading.
I Read and Invent combines reading with play improvisation and technology, adding innovation: each reading, designed and conducted by the Explora facilitators and improvisational actors, will focus on one of the classics from children’s literature; each piece will be rediscovered and reworked through a tech workshop using innovative programming languages (base coding) and software applications (production of stop-motion animations).
Specifically, the formats based on a learning-by-doing approach, typical of Explora, are the following:
- I read, invent and programme, where child non-readers (3-6 years) and their parents rework plots by programming robots along paths which allow to customise stories and settings just listened to. Photo Gallery;
- IMPRObable animated readings, where child readers (6-10 years) rework plots by using a stop-motion animation on a ipad/tablet, re-inventing stories and making their own multimedia creative products, Photo Gallery.
Main results achieved by the project:
- an increase by 20 percent in appreciation and interest in reading, measured by having participants fill in questionnaires before and after;
- 8 new workshops for animated readings based on the books for 3-6 years aged children Aesop Fables – The turtle and the hare, Pippi Longstocking, The princess and the pea, My Pinocchio and for 6-10 years aged children Orlando furioso and in love, King Arthur, Hercules and the three Golden Apples, Roman Myths;
- approximately 200 children and 180 parents being involved;
- Tips & Tricks, videotutorials and promotional material giving tips and suggesting tricks for parents to make reading more entertaining and absorbing at home. See our videos:
Timespan for the project: 01/02/2017- 05/31/2017
Project funded by the regional law 21 ottobre 2008, n. 16 – Avviso pubblico “IO LEGGO”
Explora 2.0 is a project aiming at the creation of a database which collects data about the museum visitors and users. The main goal is to create a CRM system for marketing and communication actions.