“A day with the Italian Navy” event dedicated to schools and families, to celebrate the sea through demonstrations and educational activities.
This initiative, developed from a special agreement between the Italian Navy (Marina Militare) and the Explora Museum within the framework of a collaboration in the field of children’s education and training, will include workshops and meetings to familiarize schools and families with maritime culture and the importance of sea for our Country.
In addition, participants will be admitted to Palazzo Marina to attend the “Open Day” dedicated to them, with guided tours from the main entrance in Via Lungotevere delle Navi, 17.
A full day dedicated to the sea, and its role as an emblem of discovery and symbol of the Nation, as well as all of its aspects such as ethics, adventure, solidarity and environment. In the so-called Blue century, it appears essential to raise school children’s awareness in view of a future where the sea will be considered not only as a national border but also as a means for countries and cultures to interact.
The workshops for families visiting the Museum, taking place at 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on Friday, March 3rd, and at each of the four entry times on Saturday, March 4th, will be as follows:
- Sailing knots: to unveil all the secrets of the art of knot tying and learn names, techniques and equipment which make this maritime craft so essential for safety at sea;
- Your name in signal flags: a fun way to decipher flags and learn alphabet letters;
- Landing simulation: to practice landing on a Marina Militare aircraft carrier;
- Marina Militare App presentation: to learn how to operate and moor a Marina Militare naval ship using smartphones and tablets;
- Rowing ergometer: an area for practising modern rowing techniques.
- A Marina Militare multimedia bus will also be parked in front of the building’s main entrance in Via Lungotevere delle Navi.
A unique opportunity not to be missed with the Marina Militare!
Thanks to Marina Militare
When: March 3rd and 4th
Entry times: 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on Friday and 10:00 am, 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm on Saturday.
Age: 3-11 years
How to attend: Book entry ticket to the Museum (booking is required). Book here
Landing Simulation, admission-free workshops.
Sailing knots, Your name in signal flags e Marina Militare app presentation, workshops are to be booked within the first 30 minutes after admission to the Museum.
Rowing ergometer, admission-free workshop in the area before the museum’s entrance hall.